04/11/2020 by Wendy Gallagher 0 Comments
Why is Foreign Exchange so far behind in technology and data?
A FUTURE OF FINANCE WEBINAR WITH BANKS, ASSET MANAGERS, TECHNOLOGISTS, REGULATORS AND FOREIGN EXCHANGE EXPERTS
Tuesday May 25 2021, 14.00 - 15.00 UK time
Despite their importance, size and liquidity the global FX markets have remained largely immune to the digital technology revolution. The reasons for this include their global scale, amorphous and fragmented structure and lack of an over-arching regulatory framework, but the principal cause of the lack of innovation is the domination of the FX markets by a small coterie of large global banks. Even the FX services for consumers developed by household name FinTechs have done little more than reduce the margins banks enjoy in one area of their business. In the wholesale FX markets large corporations, asset managers and asset owners continue to pay high prices for FX execution and hedging. This Future of Finance event engages with a group of innovators that have identified ways to challenge the banking oligopoly in FX.
Questions to be addressed at FX Part II
1. How likely is it that crypto-currency techniques are widely adopted in the FX markets?
2. Are crypto-currency exchanges better placed to prosper in FX than traditional exchanges?
3. Is the biggest problem in FX operational cost rather than execution cost?
4. Is it possible to make effective regulatory interventions in the FX markets on a global scale?
5. What can persuade asset owners to take their unwarranted FX costs seriously?
6. What is the data opportunity in FX and how can it be exploited?
7. How can data standards in FX be (a) agreed and (b) adopted widely?
Moderated by Dominic Hobson Co-Founder at Future of Finance https://www.linkedin.com/in/dominic-hobson-49b8222...
If you would like to participate as a panellist please contact Wendy Gallagher at email@example.com
If you would like to participate in the audience please let us know below or contact Wendy Gallagher on the email above
If you would like to participate as a sponsor please contact Valerie Bassigny on firstname.lastname@example.org