30/09/2020 by Interview 0 Comments
Interview with Daniel Eidan
Daniel Eidan is solutions architect and global CBDC and payments lead at R3, the distributed ledger technology firm. A panellist in our recent webinar on central bank digital currencies (CBDCs), he monitors the rapidly evolving field of CBDCs for R3, which has published a white paper on the subject and formed a CBDC working group. Dominic Hobson asked Daniel about the drivers behind CBDCs, the current state of CBDC development, the different types of CBDC that are emerging and the potential use-cases for CBDCs.
Among the questions addressed by Daniel Eidan are:
1. Central banks are showing a sense of urgency about CBDCs. Why is that?
2. How far away are CBDCs - pure theory, proof of concept or go live?
3. CBDCs come in many shapes and sizes. How would you categorise them?
4. What use cases do you anticipate for CBDCs?
5. What is so different about CBDCs that makes them such an important milestone for the economic and financial system as whole?