11/11/2020 by WENDY GALLAGHER 3 Comments
Data is not the new oil - it's the new electricity
A FUTURE OF FINANCE WEBINAR WITH REGULATORS, FINTECHS, ACADEMICS AND INDUSTRY PROJECT LEADERS
TUESDAY 2 MARCH 2021, 14.00 - 15.00 UK TIME
Questions posed from the Open Banking and Open Finance discussion Part 1 in October 2020 and will provide the framework for the Open Data Part II discussion on 2 March.
- Why is data such a powerful tool for consumers?
- How exactly does consumer control of data put companies under pressure to cut prices, innovate and personalise?
- Is the data of sufficient quality and extent to achieve the vision of a digital economy driven by consumers granting access to their data?
- Are banks (and energy and telecommunications companies) resisting Open Data?
- What other sectors are vulnerable to an Open Data economy?
- How should price comparison websites evolve their business model?
- Can consumers be confident their data is transferred and held securely?
- Why is consumer uptake of Open Banking in the United Kingdom so slow?
- What other forms of data will become available (e.g. mobile telephone data, Internet searches etc.)?
- Which countries are getting data regulation right (if any)?
- Do we need a new international body to co-ordinate national data regulation?
Imran Gulamhuseinwala OBE, Implementation Trustee at Open Banking Implementation Entity https://www.linkedin.com/in/imran-gulamhuseinwala-...
Sam Seaton, CEO at Moneyhub Entreprises https://www.linkedin.com/in/samanthaseaton/
Anna Mazzone, Board Member at Open Data Institute https://www.linkedin.com/in/mazzoneanna/
Katrin Herrling, CEO and Co-Founder at the Funding Xchange https://www.linkedin.com/in/katrin-herrling-312197...
Harry Weber-Brown, Digital Innovation Director at TISA https://www.linkedin.com/in/harryweberbrown/
Moderated by: Dominic Hobson, Co-Founder Future of Finance https://www.linkedin.com/in/dominic-hobson-49b8222...
If you would like to participate as a panellist please contact Wendy Gallagher email@example.com
If you would like to participate in the audience please let us know below or contact Wendy Gallagher on the email above
If you would like to participate as a sponsor please contact Valerie Bassigny on firstname.lastname@example.org