08/11/2020 by Wendy Gallagher 5 Comments
CSDs the new opportunities created by the tokenisation of financial assets on blockchain-based networks
A FUTURE OF FINANCE WEBINAR WITH CSDs, REGULATORS, TECHNOLOGISTS, BLOCKCHAIN EXPERTS, EXCHANGES
Thursday April 8 2021, 14.00 - 15.00 UK time
Central securities depositories (CSDs) were imposed by regulators in the 1990s to solve the securities settlement problems of the 1980s. They have succeeded admirably in that task but so far only a handful have sought to move decisively beyond it and embrace the new opportunities created by the tokenisation of financial assets on blockchain-based networks. Instead, the majority of CSDs have appealed to their origins in the minds of central bankers and securities market regulators of a generation ago. Ironically, the trust imparted by their record of success and regulated status are precisely the qualities that would enable CSDs to exploit the tokenisation markets.
Questions to be addressed at Future of CSDs II
1. What do CSDs do that no-one else can?
2. Is the growth trajectory of tokenisation large and fast enough to worry CSDs?
3. Do tokenisation platforms need CSDs?
4. Will CSDs wither away or be competed away or reinvent themselves?
5. Are CSDs culturally and materially equipped to rise to the challenge of tokenisation?
6. What opportunities do blockchain-positive CSDs detect in the technology?
7. How can the demands of regulators for both safety and stability and innovation and competition best be reconciled?
8. Standards are essential to inter-operability. How can they best be agreed and adopted?
Chris Richardson CEO at Percival Software https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-richardson-26842...
Vivekanand Ramgopal Vice President and Head, TCS Financial Solutions Tata Consultancy Services https://www.linkedin.com/in/rvivekanand/
Richard Crook Director at LAB577 https://www.linkedin.com/in/rickcrook/
Dotun Rominiyi Blockchain & Innovation Strategy at London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) https://www.linkedin.com/in/dotun-rominiyi/
Moderated by Dominic Hobson Co-Founder at Future of Finance https://www.linkedin.com/in/dominic-hobson-49b8222...
If you would like to participate as a panellist please contact Wendy Gallagher at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to participate in the audience please let us know below or contact Wendy Gallagher on the email above
If you would like to participate as a sponsor please contact Valerie Bassigny on email@example.com